𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝘂𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗮𝘆𝘀𝗶𝗮.
𝐼𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑃𝑒𝑛𝑎𝑛𝑔!
In 1858, the Indian community were involved in constructing the road leading to Batu Ferringhi, Teluk Bahang. During the construction, they faced various obstacles which impeded the progress of the construction.
The workers sensed some unknown higher power have caused the disturbances. To appease the higher power, they struck an "aluang" (an ancient tool similar to a crowbar used to break ground) at the roadside and prayed to the higher power for protection.
Only after then that they managed to proceed with the road-building task peacefully.
Over time, Aluang Muniswarar became a God of Protection worshipped by the residents from the surrounding areas.
Initially, the Aluang Muniswarar Temple is sited closed to the road. It was relocated (perhaps to the current site) to make way for road expansion and development. In 2010, the temple is officially a government-registered place of worship.
Subsequently, the Temple was renovated and had its first consecration ceremony (Khumbhabishegam) in 2013. The Temple is now known as Sri Aluang Muniswarar Temple.
Today, the temple is undergoing renovation. Upon completion, it will be such a sight to behold!
For photos of how gloriously beautiful this temple was in 2016 before renovation works begin, check out this post by @timothy tye below: